Since reaching the coveted 100 000 hit mark, I’ve been thinking about how I blog, and how to improve my blog and what my strengths and weaknesses are.
I’d like to ask some questions to my fellow bloggers, and see if you can help me improve.
I’d appreciate any constructive criticism.
I’ll be adding these lists as ideas come to me . . . . .
WEAKNESSES / THINGS I’D LIKE TO IMPROVE ON
- My Technorati rating is very low. I need the most help in this area. *******
- I need to comment on more blogs. Especially those blogs who support me and my blog.
- I need to read more blogs, especially outside of WordPress.
- I need to focus more on certain topics, rather than being so random. I think that is part of the reason I don’t have many subscribers to my blog.
- I need to organize my blog better. I appreciate how neat and easy it is to navigate blogs like JUGGLINGcats.
- I need to find a better layout/theme for my blog. (I like to have a customizable header, widgets & page tabs)
- I need to make sure I always cite sources, even for pictures nicked from the web.
- I need to make my ‘online’ presence the same across the board, I use too many different avatars on the web.
- What benefits are there to having your own domain?
JOEY’S TIPS & TRICKS / STRENGTHS
- Predict topic one or two days before and blog about them before people start discussing and Goggling that topic.
- Give lots of Link Love
- Support & plug the sites you enjoy. Also be sure to give some love to blogs that give you love.
- Update older posts with the most current information available about the topic.
- Top lists & social bookmarking bring in hits, but you have to invest the time into visiting the main website in order to truly benefit.
- Participate in one or two weekly memes, think of the link love.
- Monitor your site stats, they can help you learn what people come to your blog in search of. You might very well be an expert about that topic.
- Sex sells.
Thank you everyone for your help . . . . .