The Monday Melee Questions:
1. The Misanthtropic: Name something (about humanity) you absolutely hate.
People’s ability to forget why the heck we actually celebrate holidays. Easter and Christmas are the most notable examples.
At least Jesus is the forgiving type.
2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Ebay shipping costs. I am appaled by some seller’s shipping costs. The shipping costs have turned me off a whole wack of auctions.
Colin has recently purchased a bunch of childhood GI Joe action figures (to be blogged about another day!) and one of the boxes he purchased had 6 figures (remember these are like 4 inches tall) 20 pieces of stirofoam peanuts and a tattered box, for $26 USD in shipping. And that was with the multiple item shipping discount!
Not good sellers ethics.
As a consumer of Ebay, please make sure you are aware of the shipping costs BEFORE you bid. Espeically if its overseas/over borders.
3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
My dishwasher. Its old, and pretty much broken. I just can’t afford to buy a new one quite yet.
4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
Mark Zuckerberg, the creator of Facebook. I have been able to reconnect with people I never thought I’d ever speak to again. I’ve been enjoying very much rekindling friendships, and catching up with old aquaintances. . . . .
Also, my sister in law for going out and getting work in her new surroundings, for not sitting back and letting the new life changes effect her negativily (she moved far from family/friends, and her brother is moving over seas)
5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I am generous with others, even when I can’t afford to be.
6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
A Money Tree (small non-sequencial bills of course, and no rolled coins.)