Someone the other day asked me this question, and at the time I just dismissed it and replied. . . . “something to do”.
Now that I’ve had time to think about it, could there be more reason on why I blog?
Nope. I don’t think so.
It really is just something to do. This is a personal blog, so I’m not writing assigments for students, or doing a school project. This isn’t work related, hobby related or even cause related. This blog is purely a self-indulgent “me time” that I invite others to read and hopefully enjoy.
I sometimes write a quick little entry during the day while at work, I’m sure that isn’t proper to Blog at work, but it sometimes helps me break up my day.
I really look forward to my little blogging time.
Anyways, after writing and thinking about the above, a whole new set of questions arise from me to my ‘readers’ (all 4 of you).
1. What would make my blog more interesting (You know, so I could more than double my readership to say 10 readers)
2. What do people want to read about, and how to you name your entries to entice your readers.
3. How do you come up with the topics of your Blog entries?
4. How often should one blog?
5. How often should one change the look or feel of one’s blog?
6. How do you bring more traffic into your blog?
7. What are ‘kosher’ topics and what should you steer clear of?
Has anyone written an article on”The Rules of Blogging” (if so, link please – if not, what would the rules be?)