OK fine. I ADMIT it. I flushed a *few* paper towels down the toilet.
I was cleaning it at the time.
Anyways, long story short – the toilet clogged and over flowed.
We needed a solution FAST that didn’t include phoning out one of those truly expensive all-night plumbers.
We Googled it.
- Empty out as much water from the bowl as you can
- Poor a half cup of (good quality) liquid dish soap. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes
- Boil a large kettle or pot of water
- Poor the boiling water into the bowl. Let sit another 10-15 minutes.
- Plunge as usual
- Flush and VOILA. The clog will be gone.
As a side note, do not put ‘Liquid Plumber’ into toilets. It says so right on the package, but last night when I made the run for dish soap I bought a bottle, just in case. I didn’t read it until I got home (who reads labels anyways. . . .